Friday, February 15, 2013

Another Heart Shaped Box (As of February 15, 2013)

I recently decided to start another collaged heart-shaped box. I was reluctant because I know the process takes a long time, but I really like the result. So today I went up to the studio and got started. This time I am using a Turtles candy box from a previous Valentine's Day, and I am going to cover it with collage created from printed metallic ribbon. I have been thinking about the design and so when I set out for the studio, I already had a plan, at least for the top of the box, which is going to be done in stripes (purple and orange) with a gold border. I am going to use the existing stripes on the candy box as guidelines, but I had to draw in some new lines to make the stripes even all the way across. Then I started pasting down pieces of orange and purple, just trying to establish the new lines that I drew and also to establish the pattern of orange and purple stripes. (It is easy to make a mistake with stripes, something I learned the hard way with a painting that i was working on.) So far this heart- shaped box doesn't look like much; if you found it, you might throw it out! But what gives me courage is knowing how my last heart-shaped box turned out. If you want to see, I have a set of pictures of it posted at www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/sets/72157632769935420/

No comments: