Friday, February 01, 2013

Another Heart-Shaped Box (Day Zero - Feb. 1, 2013)

I was at the studio today, thinking about starting a new collage project, and decided to just check to see what collage materials I had in the bin. I saw the printed metallic ribbon (leftover from previous projects, including a heart-shaped box that took forever to finish). Lots of people tell me to make more boxes like that, but I say no, no, no; it takes too long, etc. But today I saw that there were two heart-shaped boxes already in the bin --Valentine's Day candy boxes saved and given to me so I can use them for collages. So I played around with the idea for a few minutes, and took this picture, and then put everything away. Then I reconsidered and took everything out again. I decided to try pasting a few pieces of ribbon down, and if I could get the pieces to stick to the surface, I would commit to another heart-shaped box. They did. To be continued. . . .

No comments: