Saturday, May 04, 2013

Another Heart Shaped Box (As of May 4, 2013)

Today I went to the studio at Porter Mill and worked on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage made of printed metallic ribbon. The box once held Valentine's candy (Turtles, to be specific), and the beautiful ribbons were discards from a friend who was clearing out old craft supplies. I have been pasting down pieces of ribbon to establish stripes of purple and orange ribbon. It is slow-going and I have to fight the urge to just cover up the remains of the candy company logo. But I am trying to find and past in pieces of ribbon that have bands of gold running across color. So I am concentrating on that in an effort to get the same look across in all the stripes. Although I can see a little bit of progress, it is slow. I refer to this as "Another Heart-Shaped Box" because I have done this before. And when I get frustrated or discouraged or impatient, it helps to look at my first heart-shaped box, because I am very happy with how it turned out. Follow the link if you would like to see it too: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/sets/72157632769935420/

No comments: