Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First of May at Long Hill (Oil Bar Painting as of May 22, 2013)

This is a work-in-progress, an oil bar painting that I have been working on, loosely based on a photo that I took at Long Hill Garden here in Beverly, MA. Since yesterday's post, I have been thinking about the trees on the left. I wasn't happy with them, so I did some poking around on the computer to figure out why. I enlarged the original photo, and looked hard. Then I opened the jpeg of yesterday's post in Painter and tried out some solutions by drawing over the photo with digital pastel. I came up with a solution and printed out the image. This morning, before breakfast, I worked on the painting and made the changes that I had planned. Here is the painting as it looked after I made the changes in those trees. There are still problems to solve in the foreground (that pink bush), but this afternoon I went back to Painter and again drew over the photo of the painting with digital pastel. I think I found a solution. . . .To be continued.

No comments: