Sunday, July 28, 2013

Reflections (Oil Bar Painting as of July 28, 2013)

This morning I worked on this oil bar painting, a scene based on a photo that I took at Bradley Palmer State Park (posted here June 14.) There are still a few placement issues to resolve, but I am getting there. Today I tried to figure out where the very darkest areas are. I painted them in with blue, and then purple, and then green. (Looking at this, I have decided to that I want to see more blue in the shadows, so I will put it back in tomorrow.) Then I tried to figure out where the brightest light is going to be. I also used a straight-edge to correct the shoreline in the distance. I see lots of things I want to correct. It will be hard to figure out where to start tomorrow. But I have a feeling that this painting is going to spend some on its side. . . . and perhaps even upside-down.

No comments: