Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Reflections (Oil Bar Painting as of July 30, 2013)

This is my oil bar painting after I worked on it yesterday. (I am now behind by one day in my posts.) This scene is loosely based on a photo that I took at Bradley Palmer State Park. (The photo is posted here June 14.) So yesterday, for the second day, I worked on the reflections in the water, trying to get the shapes right. I am still re-checking placement and modifying where things are. I also extended the shoreline foliage and reflections all the way to the right side of the canvas. Even though some of the shapes I am painting in on the right will be obscured in the end by the tree in the foreground, I need to understand what is there so that anything that shows through will make sense. I also started darkening the lower right part of the canvas, and at this point, I am glad I used pink to (temporarily) indicate tree branches in the foreground. Otherwise, it would be very easy to loose sight of them as the surrounding colors become darker. To be continued. . . .

No comments: