Sunday, July 14, 2013

Reflections (Posterized with Square Format)

My last painting is still drying on the easel, but I am getting ready to start another one. So today I looked through my photos and found what I was looking for, a picture that I took last year at Bradley Palmer State Park (Topsfield, MA). We had stopped at Willowdale Estates and found the boardwalk trail along the water. Although I have often been to Bradley Palmer State Park, this was my first view of that specific area. As I was taking the photo of the trees reflected in the quiet water, I thought I might want to paint the scene. The original version of the photograph is here August 25, 2012. This morning, I used Painter 12 to apply posterizing to the photo (to make shapes easier to see) and then, because my canvas is square, I cropped the image to get a square format. I think this is going to be a real challenge to paint, but that is good for me. This is the image that I will use as a reference photo, and I hope to get started tomorrow or the day following.

No comments: