Monday, July 15, 2013

Reflections (Oil Bar Painting as of July 15, 2013)

This is an oil bar painting that I started today. This is going to be a landscape roughly based on a photo that I took last summer at Bradley Palmer State Park, a view of trees reflected in the water. (Yesterday I posted the reference photo here.) So far, what is on the canvas doesn't look like much, but this morning I worked out the composition, sketching with my oil bars, first gray, and then green. Although the reference photo posted here yesterday is cropped for a square format, I decided this morning that because that crop leaves out the trees in the foreground that frame the scene. Those trees are visible in the original photo (posted here August 25, 2012). So as I worked on the composition this morning, I made some little adjustments so I will be able to include those trees. To be continued. . . .

No comments: