Saturday, July 06, 2013

Sunlight and Storm Clouds (Oil Bar Painting as of July 4, 2013)

This is the oil bar painting I have been working on as it looked on Thursday, July 4. This landscape is based on a photo that I took from Obear Park, here in Beverly MA (posted here June 19). This is a view looking across the water towards Salem, with storm clouds in the distance just before sundown. So Thursday, after painting the water for several days, I started working on the trees again. Up to that point, the trees didn't have much definition, and were basically placeholders, as I concentrated mainly on placement and light. So I needed to go back and revise the shape of the trees, adding definition and getting away from the look of "lollypop" trees. This is how the painting looked when I had finished. More to do. . . .

No comments: