Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dad with Boutonniere (Digitally Modified Photo)

This image began with a photo of my father that I came across yesterday. (Well, in fact, it was a digital image, from a CD of family photos given to me by my aunt.) I really like this picture of my father as a young man. The image I started with was a group shot of my father with several other guys.The version I had was very small and marred with scratches. But I really liked the picture of my dad and decided to see if I could do something with the image. So I started in iPhoto, cleaning up scratches with the retouch tool. Then I opened the image in Painter, resized the image, and then used cut-and-paste to cover up the other people in the shot. (Sorry, guys.) Then I used digital pastel, color overlays, and posterizing to get the colors and textures in the image. I am posting this today because my father's birthday was August 28.

No comments: