Sunday, August 25, 2013

Reflections (Oil Bar Painting as of August 19, 2013)

I have been working on this painting every morning and posting my progress. This is how it looked back on August 19th (last Monday). I am using oil bars to paint this scene at Bradley Palmer State Park, in Topsfield, MA, working from a photo that I took there. (The reference photo is posted here on June 14.) When I worked on this last Monday, I thought it was almost finished, so I was making small changes. Specifically, I was trying to add some definition and contrast with some deep shadows in dark blue. Of course any change I made "on land" had to be made in the reflected image as well, so I spent a lot of time turning the canvas sideways and upside-down. I thought the additional contrast helped, and was pretty happy with the painting, but nonetheless there were changes to come. To be continued. . . .

No comments: