Monday, September 09, 2013

Quick Look at Misery Island

Quick Look at Misery Island by randubnick
Quick Look at Misery Island, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
Yesterday my daughter and I went on a boat ride from Salem out to Misery Islands. The boat left from Salem Willows and went north along the coast (parallel to Route 127) and it was fun to learn more about the history of the "Gold Coast" near Beverly, Then I finally got a look at some of those islands I have often wondered about. (You can see them from the beaches in Beverly, MA.) This boat ride takes passengers to Misery Island, where there are hiking trails. Some people get off the boat, hike for a couple of hours, and then catch a later boat back. But a lot of people just stay onboard for the ride back, which is what we did yesterday. It's a beautiful little island, with scrub and rock outcroppings. There's no misery there as far as I can see. We landed right on the beach to pick up passengers, so I was able to get a few quick pictures of Misery Island. This is one of the best of them. Tonight I used iPhoto to adjust the exposure, and lighten up some shadows, and then I cropped the image to get this composition.

No comments: