Thursday, October 03, 2013

Eastern Peaches

Eastern Peaches by randubnick
Eastern Peaches, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
I had to take a break from painting for a few days (installing a heater in home studio), so I decided to catch up with some of my photos. This image began with a photo that I took back on Sept. 26. Every week we go to Long Hill to pick up our farm share from our CSA ('The Food Project'). There are always a lot of vegetables set out in bins, but on the 26th, there was a big table full of Eastern peaches. They looked amazing in the sunlight, filtered by the tent, so I took some pictures. Tonight I edited the best of them. I cropped the image in iPhoto and did some basic retouching. Then I opened the image in Painter and did a bit more cleanup with digital pastel. Then I adjusted the color just a little bit. Now these peaches are perfect! I also created a posterized version which I plan to post tomorrow.

No comments: