Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lemon Lime (Pen and Ink Exercise)

This is a little pen-and-ink exercise that I did tonight. I was curious about Zentangles so I read a little bit about it, and even bought a little kit with some new ink pens (micron pens with archival ink) and some little pieces of paper 3.5 inches square. Life has been pretty hectic, so my new "toy" has been gathering dust. But tonight I decided to try it out. I didn't really follow the steps for a Zentangle (subdividing the area with strings, etc.). Instead I just invented this little pattern and started drawing on one of the little paper squares. (I was thinking about the fish I was going to cook in lime and orange juice, which is why the pattern I invented looks a little bit like citrus fruit wedges.) Anyway, whether or not this really a Zentangle, it was a good exercise and I am really happy with my new pens.

No comments: