Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pattern from Reflections

Pattern from Reflections by randubnick
Pattern from Reflections, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
This is a small piece of fabric printed with a pattern created from one of my oil bar paintings. Last summer, I did an oil bar painting of called Reflections, a landscape of trees and reflections of trees at Bradley Palmer State Park. (You can see the finished painting posted here on September 7, 2013.) The next day, September 8, I published a close-up photo showing some details of the photo. At the time, my cousin said she thought it would make an interesting pattern, and offered to have a sample made up on Spoonflower.com. I was curious so I said yes. Today my cousin came to visit and brought the swatch along. Although I had seen a small image of the pattern online, today was my first in-person look at the pattern on a piece of fabric. I liked the way it looked, so I took some pictures.

No comments: