Thursday, August 28, 2014

Dad Waiting for Subway (Posterized Photo)



This image began with a snapshot from my mother's album. (This album begins with her first date with my date and continues through their marriage and their time apart during World War II.)  This photo is close to the beginning of the album.  It was taken during their honeymoon.  They met and married in Pueblo, Colorado, where my father was stationed. A few weeks later, they took a train trip to NYC so my mother could meet my father's family and my father could see his family before he went overseas.  This photo was taken after they got off the train to New York City and were waiting for the subway to Brooklyn.  (I know all this because my mother wrote descriptions in the album, white ink on black paper).  And on the photo it says "Waiting for Sub." The photographer must have been my mom.  I really like the composition and effects of the light. Today I used iPhoto to do some basic cleanup of the snapshot, then used Painter to add color overlay and posterizing. I am posting in celebration of my Dad's birthday (August 28th).  His memory is a blessing to me, for sure.

No comments: