Saturday, September 06, 2014

Magnolia Blossoms (Oil Bar Painting)



This morning I worked on this painting of magnolia blossoms. This is roughly based on one of my photos (posted here August 14). This is painted with oil bars on a canvas that is 8 x 10 inches. This morning I started by mixing a tiny bit of blue into white and I used that bluish white (or extremely pale blue) to add some subtle shadows to the white part of the blossoms. Then I did some cleanup and announced that the painting was done. But later this afternoon, I went back and reworked some of the stems and leaves. I am ready to say that this is painting is finished. I will start sealing the edges tomorrow. This is part of a series of paintings of branches, and tonight I added this painting to that album. If you want to see all the paintings in the series (so far), follow this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/sets/72157646682793975/

No comments: