Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Necklace with Beads of Pink Paper and Silver




I have been working on this necklace over the past week and I finished it today. I bought the pink beads in October when I was at the Topsfield Fair with my daughter. These are paper beads handmade by women in Uganda by an organization called Child Voice.* I bought two bags full of the paper beads, in every color.  Then my daughter called my attention to a big bag of pink beads, so I decided to buy them as well. This design combines the pink beads in two shapes with silver spheres and plated silver beads with incised designs. I made this necklace as a gift for my daughter and gave it to her tonight.

*If you want to know more about Child Voice, go to this link: childvoiceintl.org.  I will just say here that the beads are made with recycled paper and that Child Voice carries the seal of the Fair Labor Association.

No comments: