Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New Hampshire Paintings in UNH Office



Here are five of my oil bar paintings, on the wall in my husband's newly renovated office at the University of New Hampshire. This weekend, I got my first look at them actually on the wall. These are all paintings of New Hampshire. On the far left is "River and Bridge", from a photo that I took near the UNH campus in Manchester, New Hampshire. Next is "Woods in Durham, NH", from a photo that I took on the main campus. In the center is "Mill and River" from another photo that I took on the Manchester campus, which is located in an old mill area. "Path and Footbridge" is of a beautiful and iconic spot on the Durham campus, and "Edge of Lake in New Hampshire" from a photo that I took of one of the beautiful lakes alongside the road to Durham. I created the Manchester paintings specifically for a show that I had there of photos and paintings of the mill area, where the Manchester campus is located. The Durham paintings were done a bit later, and were part of a show of New England landscapes that I had at the Beverly Farms Library a few years ago. Some of these paintings have been shown at the Starbucks here in Beverly, MA. Well, I was glad to see them this weekend and I like the way they look in their new home.

No comments: