Sunday, January 25, 2015

Quiet Snow


Yesterday we had the first real snow cover of the year. I took some pictures and some video clips with my iPhone. On the spur of the moment, I decided to try out the iMovie app on my new iPhone, and used it to put some video clips and stills together. I couldn't figure out some of the editing functions in the iMovie app on the phone, so the result was kind of clunky, with some unsteadiness and other mistakes. But I posted it on Facebook anyway as a little weather report. Today I transferred the video to my computer and did more serious editing in the full iMovie application. I don't use iMovie very often so I was rusty, but I managed to stabilize the video, edit out some mistakes, and also find and eliminate the frames that were causing the visual bounce. The result is a little bit shorter, but it's a whole lot better.

No comments: