Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Fabric Flower (Digital Woodcut)



I recently attended an event at the Peabody Essex Museum (in Salem, MA). The special Thursday nights there usually include several participatory arts and crafts events, and this time it was making fabric flowers. This is my idea of fun, so I made a couple of quick flowers.  This one was far from perfect, but I thought it had some possibilities, so I took a photo of it.  Today I used Painter to do some digital cleanup:  I used cut-and-paste to make the yarn center look neater, and cleaned up the edges with digital pastel. Then I applied a "digital woodcut effect".  After that, I did a final crop to get this composition.  I had been thinking that this would make a good pattern, so I grabbed the image with "capture pattern" .  I was very happy with the way the pattern turned out, and plan to post it here tomorrow.

No comments: