Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Grandma Aptaker's Chocolate Chip Slices (Illustration)


I have been working on this illustration for the past few days, mostly putting in the background color, but today I finally finished it. This illustration is for a recipe that is soon to be published on our food blog.* This is Grandma Aptaker's recipe for chocolate chip slices. Grandma Aptaker was my husband's grandmother. She was originally from Russia, but lived in New York City, and then Pueblo, Colorado, which is where I met her. I used to watch her cook. She didn't use recipes, but I watched her cook, asked questions, and wrote her recipes down so I could make them myself. These cookies are shaped like a European cookie (mandelbrot or biscotti), but with very American chocolate chips. I plan to post this illustration as well as the recipe over the next few days.
*(You can see our blog at seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.

No comments: