Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Grandma A's Chocolate Chip Slices (Illustration as of May 25, 2015)


Here is the illustration I have been working on as it looked on May 25th. I started adding color, beginning with the lettering (which I had already decided would be brown and pink) and the food, because the color is already determined. This illustration is for a recipe that is soon to be published on our food blog.* This is Grandma Aptaker's recipe for chocolate chip slices,shaped like mandelbrot or biscotti. (Grandma Aptaker, my husband's grandmother, came from Russia and I always loved the surprise of those American chocolate chips in her Eastern European cooking repertoire.) I used to watch Grandma cook and wrote down the recipes. 
*(You can see our blog at seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.)

No comments: