Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Queijo Coalho (as of Aug. 26, 2015)


This morning, I worked on this drawing, an illustration for a recipe that will soon be published in our food blog (seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com). This is a drawing of Brazilian grilling cheese, served with a dipping sauce of maple syrup, to illustrate a recipe by our friend Thais. Today I adding color with conte crayon and colored pencil. I am still working out the color scheme, which is a bit of a challenge due to the primary colors in the flags. I decided to derive the background colors by layering and recombining the colors in the flags, and then softening them. So the light blue plate echoes the blue and white of the flag. For the color of the table, I layered pink, orange, and white (to combine the yellow, red, and white colors in the flags). I like the peach color, but at the moment it is too strong for a background color, so I plan to soften it and make it more neutral. But this is as far as I got today.

No comments: