Saturday, August 29, 2015

Queijo Coalho as of Aug. 28, 2015


Here is the drawing I have been working on as it looked yesterday, August 28th. This is an illustration for a recipe that will soon be published on our food blog, seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com. The recipe is by our friend Thais, who makes Brazilian grilling cheese but gives it an American touch by using maple syrup as a dipping sauce. On the 28th, I worked on the color scheme, especially the wall in the background. I used layers of blue, green, and white and was pretty happy with the result. I decided to use more orange for the maple syrup in the plate, and from there, I abandoned my idea of making the color of the table more neutral, and decided to heighten the color instead. I have to say that the color scheme has been the biggest puzzle in this drawing. I also tried to sharpen the lines as I went along, and clean up little mistakes. Almost done here; just a little bit more to do.

No comments: