Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Rainy Day Bouquet (Edited as of Aug 5, 2015)


Yesterday I made a little sketch on my iPhone with the Brushes app.  Today I opened the image in Painter and did some editing. The vase and flowers were not centered in the original version.  So I added some pixels to the canvas on the right and used some cut-and-paste and digital pastel to extend the brown tabletop.  That put the vase in the center of the image.  But the flowers were still off center, so I used cut-and-paste on the left side to move two of the blossoms closer toward the center.  Although the vase was centered, it was asymmetrical, so I used a grid and digital pastel to fix that. (I think it still needs more work, so I hope to take care of that tomorrow.)  I also straightened out the horizontal line of the tabletop. Then I used Painter's magic wand and paint bucket tools to add color to the background.

No comments: