Friday, September 11, 2015

World Trade Center July 2001 (Pink Digital Woodcut)


In July of 2001, we went to New York to visit. My cousin suggested it would be fun to take a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, so we did, and it was lovely, and I took a lot of pictures of that beautiful bridge. And in the background, I was capturing some pictures of the World Trade Center. Although that wasn't my main intent at the time, now I feel lucky about that little excursion because the towers fell just a few months later. This image is a "digital woodcut" that I created from one of the photos from that day. September 11, 2001, was a reminder that life can shock you with sudden losses. And we don't always have a warning or any say in the matter. However, what we can decide to do is to remember and honor and be inspired by what has been lost.

No comments: