Saturday, October 24, 2015

Apples on the Tree (Oil Bar Painting as of October 24, 2015)


I worked on this painting for a while this morning. I am painting some apples on a tree branch, working from a photo that I took recently at Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly, MA. (My reference photo is posted here, October 18, 2015.) Today I started by adjusting the position of the apples just a bit. I mixed up some dark red-violet to contrast with what I already had painted (so I could see what I was doing) and used it to redraw the outlines of the apples. Then I used the rest of it to add more shadows to the apples and to darken the tree branch. I also used some darker green on the leaves around the apples, to help define the new position of the apples, and then used the rest of it to add more shadows and more leaves.

No comments: