Saturday, October 31, 2015

Which House? Witch House?


Here's a little trick for Halloween. This image started with a photo I took several weeks ago. I was sitting in the car at Long Hill Gardens waiting for my daughter, who was picking up our farm share. It was pouring rain. I looked at the house nearby. (Which house? A little yellow farmhouse that is part of Long Hill Gardens.) I noticed that through the rain on the windshield, all the lines of the siding were distorted and kind of swirly, so I took a couple of pictures. Since it is October 31, I decided to make this into a Witch House. So I opened the image in Painter and put a dark color overlay over the sky. Then I added a digital woodcut effect. After that, I adjusted the hue to turn the siding from charming yellow to pumpkin orange. To finish the image, I pumped up the saturation and then cropped it to get this composition.

No comments: