Thursday, November 05, 2015

Autumn Road


The weather has been good and the trees are beautiful this fall, so I have been taking a lot of pictures. Here's one that I took at Long Hill Gardens on October 29. This is on the road heading down from the main house and gardens. (Long Hill Gardens, AKA Sedgwick Gardens, used to be private, but now it is open to the public. I think it is one of the best-kept secrets here in Beverly, MA.) Well, I really liked the way the road looked in the late afternoon light. But I didn't post it right away because right in the middle of the gorgeous foliage was a dark green sign that said "15 Miles per Hour". So tonight I opened the original image in Painter and got rid of the sign with a little cut and paste and some digital pastel. Then I cropped the image to get this composition.

No comments: