Sunday, January 31, 2016

Flowers in Glass Vase (Pen and Ink plus Digital)


For the past few days, I have been making little pen-and-ink drawings of imaginary bouquets. I am using fine-line sharpie on small pieces of card stock, maybe 4 " square. This is a way to get a little drawing practice and have some fun. This is the first of two drawings I made today. The vase wasn't symmetrical, but I drew in additional lines to solve the problem and I actually kind of like the solution. But still, I thought that some of the flowers were too complicated and there are too many little mistakes. So I did a second drawing (to be posted tomorrow) and had every intention of abandoning this one. But I changed my mind. Instead, I opened the image in Painter tonight and added pixels to the top of the canvas to solve an issue with centering on the page. Then I fixed up a few of the mistakes with some digital pastel. I like this drawing better at this point, and am glad I didn't give up.

No comments: