Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Vanilla Wafer Ice Box Cake (Illustration as of Jan. 13, 2016)



I worked on this project again this morning. This drawing will be an illustration for a recipe on our food blog, Seasoning for Every Palate (which you can find at seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.) This is a no-bake dessert that my mom used to make. Today I continued to add layers of color, trying to add depth and saturation. It will probably take a couple more rounds to get the table-top as dark as I want it to be, but apart from that, the color scheme is pretty much set. I am still working in colored pencils, but will eventually finish up with crayon and/or colored conte crayon. (I am delaying using the conte crayon right now because I have a cold at the moment and conte makes me cough.) But I know the conte and crayola will produce the bright colors I want. As I add color, the lettering looks less prominent, but I plan to add dark blue outline to the drawing and the lettering. To be continued....

No comments: