Thursday, January 14, 2016

Vanilla Wafer Ice Box Cake (Illustration as of Jan. 14, 2016)


This morning I worked on this drawing, which is going to be an illustration for a recipe on our food blog, Seasoning for Every Palate ( seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.) The recipe is for something my mom used to make, a pink no-bake dessert. I have been adding color, but as I do so, the lines seem fainter and fainter. So today I decided it was time to add the outlining. I went over the lines of drawing and the lettering with dark blue sharper. (This part is nerve-wracking and I go slowly, trying not to make a mistake.) The outlining looks a bit intense at the moment, but that will change and the blue outline will "fit in" more as I continue to add value and saturation to the colors. Still coughing my head off, so no conte crayon yet. To be continued....

No comments: