Friday, January 29, 2016

Vase of Flowers (Pen and Ink plus Digital)


I did another little sketch as a drawing exercise this afternoon, using a fine-line sharpie on a 4" square piece of paper. I was having so much fun creating these imaginary flowers that I didn't notice I had placed the vase and flowers too high on the paper. Years ago, that would have been the end of the drawing, but these days, the problem can be fixed. I took a picture of the drawing and opened the image in Painter, where I added pixels to the top of the "canvas" and then matched the color, creating a margin. I also added some pixels to the right side to make the image look more centered. At that point, I noticed some places where the vase was not symmetrical, so i also fixed that with some digital pastel.

No comments: