Monday, April 18, 2016

Bela Bacalhau on the Easel


Here is Bela Bacalhau, waiting for me on the easel. Although I have been spending time on other projects, I haven't forgotten about the wooden codfish that I am going to decorate for the Marblehead Art Association. (Fifty area artists are decorating wooden codfish cutouts to be displayed in Marblehead and then auctioned to benefit the arts. I am going to decorate my codfish with a Portuguese them, taking inspiration from blue and white Portuguese tiles (azulejos). I have already have worked out the concept and the design (posted here April 9, 2016 ) And over the weekend, I bought supplies. The next step is to get to painting, starting with primer. I also participated in this event last year, and you can see what I made if you follow this link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/17469011928/

No comments: