Saturday, April 02, 2016

Colorful Memories


This is a Memory Imprints project that I recently completed. I started with two photos sent to me by the clients. These were well-loved photos, but the color was quite faded. The clients asked me to add color, and then mount the photos on jute board. I started by scanning the images into the computer, and got to work. After some basic retouching, I made the two photos the same size so they would look good together. Then I used Painter's digital pastel to "hand-paint" the color back into the photos. Once I knew that the clients were happy with the color, I printed the images. Then I mounted them on some canvas boards that I had covered with jute, painted front and back with an "earthy" blue-green. I added these wooden stands for easy display. If you want to see the original photos, go to memoryimprints.net/2016/04/03/colorful-memories/

No comments: