Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Freesia as of Apr. 26, 2016 (Porter Mill Challenge #3)


Yesterday  I bought some freesia to draw, and today I finally had a chance to start this still life.  This is for the Porter Mill Challenge -- a challenge to artists at Porter Mill to produce one new piece of art each week for a month. So I am doing a set of four still life drawings, each with a slightly off-center composition and each with a patterned tablecloth. Today I started by laying out the composition, measuring to make an rough match with the placement in the other two drawings. Then I sketched the shapes of flowers and vase, and  decided to measure and lay in the pattern for the tablecloth.  I am a bit behind on this challenge, so I decided to spend some extra time on this, and kept going, adding some detail to the flowers and trying out colors for background and tablecloth. My drawing is still pretty rough, but I needed to stop.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: