Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Freesia as of Apr. 27, 2016 (Porter Mill Challenge #3)


This afternoon, I did some more work on the still life that I started yesterday. This is for the Porter Mill Challenge to produce one new piece of art each week for a month. So I am doing a set of four still life drawings, each with a slightly off-center composition and each with a patterned tablecloth. This is three out of four and I am pushing to finish all four by the end of the month. Yesterday I established the composition, and today I modified it just a bit by adding one my flower for balance. Then I worked on the shape and color of the vase, and the background colors. Throughout I continued to try to improve the flowers. I am working from a lovely vase of freesia and they are holding up quite well. I think this is the basic drawing, though I may do some cleanup and make small changes. . . .

No comments: