Friday, April 08, 2016

Pansies as of Apr 8 2016 (Porter Mill Challenge #1)


Some of the artists who have studios at Porter Mill here in Beverly, MA, are participating in a challenge tomake one new piece of art per week for four weeks. I decided to do four still life drawings in conte crayon. These may be included in a show in May. I started this drawing a few days ago as my drawing for week 1. Today I revised the background and foreground because I wanted to modify the colors.  This morning I worked a lot on both the tablecloth and the back wall, trying to make all the colors relate to each other.  I also reworked the squares on the tablecloth and accentuated the lines. I was pretty happy with the foreground, but late this afternoon, I reworked the background again, going with darker blue-violet to make the pansies "pop". Now this is the basic drawing, though I may make some minor corrections. I plan to do three more still life drawings in this set, all pots of flowers on a tablecloth, with variations in the colors. 

No comments: