Saturday, April 30, 2016

Yellow Mums as of Apr. 30, 2016 (Porter Mill Challenge #4)


I worked on the drawing again today.  This is my fourth drawing for the Porter Mill Challenge, which is to create a piece of art each week for 4 weeks. I decided to make one still life drawing per week, and I got this one in under the wire.  Each of my drawings is of a container of flowers on a patterned tablecloth. All of them were drawn with conte crayon and conte pencil, and they all have a very similar off-center composition.  I plan to show them as a set of four in the upcoming Porter Mill Show. Today I started by straightening out lines and eclipses, and then I worked on revising the color scheme. Finally, I added some detail to the flowers. I know there are some things to fix, but this is the basic drawing.

No comments: