Friday, May 13, 2016

Closeup of Pattern, "Bela Bacalhau" as of May 13, 2016


Fifty area artists have been given wooden codfish cutouts to decorate as part of a fundraiser for the Marblehead Arts Festival. The codfish will be displayed in downtown Marblehead and then auctioned off. This is a closeup of my project. I had the idea of decorating my codfish with a Portuguese theme, maybe because I see codfish (bacalhau) on every menu when I visit Portugal. So I decided to call my fish "Bela BacalhauI" and created a design inspired by blue and white Portuguese tile (azulejos). For the past few days, I have been doing cleanup, fixing mistakes, straightening lines, etc. Of course, it sometimes seemed that every time I fixed a mistake, I created a new one. Well, that's art biz. I was getting close to the deadline for delivery, so I needed to wrap things up. To be continued.

No comments: