Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Orange Mountain Sunrise (As of June 21, 2016)


I have been painting for a show in July at Galatea Fine Arts (galateafineart.com). I have been painting mountain landscapes, working from imagination and memories of Colorado. These are done with acrylic paint on watercolor paper. My plan was to do six larger paintings (18" x 24"), and those are all done, framed, and ready for the trip down to Boston. But I was thinking of doing a couple of small paintings just in case they are needed, so this morning I got this painting started. I like it so far because it reminds me of seeing the mountains at dawn in Boulder. Well, it was only when I was cleaning up that I realized I had grabbed an 11" x 14" watercolor block instead of the 9" x 12" that I had planned to use. (I already had frames to fit that size.) But I am going to just keep going with this painting, do another one the same size, and then pick up a couple of frames to fit.

No comments: