Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Feijoada (Recipe Illustration as of Oct. 26, 2016)


I worked on this project for a while this afternoon. This is my illustration for a recipe for feijoada (Brazilian black bean dish); the recipe and illustration will soon be published on our food blog, 
seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.   This illustration is organized like a mandala, with the black beans in the middle and other components of the feijoada are arranged in circular patterns. Today I continued to apply the background color.  I worked my way around the orange slices and the couve (collard or kale leaves cut into strips).  I didn't think there was enough contrast between the blue background and the green, so I went over the green areas again to make them a bit more intense and a bit darker. I am not sure it was enough. To be continued. . . .

No comments: