Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Feijoada (Recipe Illustration as of Oct. 25, 2016)


It has been about a week, but today I went back to this project. This is an illustration for a recipe for feijoada (Brazilian black bean dish); the recipe and illustration will soon be published on our food blog,  seasoningforeverypalate.wordpress.com.  I decided to organize this illustration like a mandala, with the black beans in the middle and other components of the feijoada are arranged in circular patterns. Today I started to apply the background color.  I was undecided between light pink and light blue, but I tried putting blue and pink on another sheet of paper and putting them next to each component to see what happens. After doing that, I decided that the blue would work better. This is as far as I got today.  To be continued. . . . .

No comments: