Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Baby Picture of My Mom (Keepsake as of Nov. 30, 2016)


This morning I kept going on this project,  a keepsake that I am making from the only baby picture that I have of my mom. I love this picture of her in a baby carriage. The actual photo is scratched, torn, and has a corner missing (upper left).  This summer, I did some digital repair. drawing in missing parts of the window, etc. (The before and after versions are posted here, July 31.)  Then in early November (in honor of my mom's birthday), I added the color, using Painter's digital pastel. Early this week, I finally got the keepsake project started. Today I added another coat of paint to the background border, a translucent coat of red-violet (over brown).  What you see is not the final color.  I am hoping to deeper color, so I will need at least one more coat.  Then I will add a border around the photo.  Although I was thinking of jute ribbon, today I decided to use gift wrap ribbon instead (the kind that curls). It does make a nice border and is easy to use, but the real reason for my choice: memories of  spending time with my mom when I was a little girl, watching her wrap holiday presents, and trying to help.  And I was amazed when she turned the pair of scissors sideways, ran the ribbon down the blade, and made the ribbon suddenly curl, like magic.

No comments: