Thursday, November 24, 2016

Flag and Flowers (Posterized Photo)


Yesterday I posted a photo that I took on October 19, an image of a little flag stuck in a planter amid some flowers.  We were taking a walk at Lynch Park when I saw the flag and I loved the way it looked amid the crazy mix of flowers, so I took a picture.  Tonight I used my Painter software to create a posterized version of the image. Posterizing simplifies shapes and intensifies the colors.  Due to the complexity of the image, I had to work with a posterize a bit at a time.  I think it was worth it. I think the brighter colors convey the optimism I felt when I saw this little scene: the unlikely mix of roses still blooming amid fading blossoms, and a hopeful little flag, ready to withstand whatever the changing weather might bring.

No comments: