Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Menorah in Window (Revised Drawing)


This is a revised version of the image I posted yesterday,  a digital drawing of a menorah that was the last frame of a little Hanukkah animation that I made.  (The video is posted here on December 24th.) To make the animation, I used the Brushes app on my iPad.  It records every stroke as you draw and thus creates a little video.  I liked the iPad drawing of a menorah in the window, but it needed some cleaning up. So tonight I opened the image in Painter.  I threw a grid over it and used some cut and paste to center the menorah.  Then I used digital pastel, elbow grease, and grit to straighten the lines  and make things even. I fixed the problems  that bothered me, but then stopped, trying not to lose the relaxed look of the original drawing.


No comments: