Monday, December 26, 2016

Pencil Sketches of Chelsea


These are some of the pencil sketches I made of our dog Chelsea, done to prepare for the "final version" of the little animation I made this week, featuring Chelsea playing in the snow.  (I used the Brushes app on my iPad, which captures each stroke as you draw and then creates a video.) For my first try, I started drawing on the iPad right away, without any planning or preparation, just to see if my idea would work.  Although I was happy with the concept, drawing the dog figures took way too long and there were too many revisions. I wanted to try my video again,  but first  I needed to practice drawing the dog figures so I could do them quickly and with fewer mistakes. So I did some pencil drawings to practice, and here are a few of them.  I think it helped, because my second try was better. 

No comments: