Friday, February 03, 2017

Portrait of Us (As of Feb. 2, 2017)


Yesterday, I did some work on this project. This is a portrait that I am painting of a couple of vacation in Greece. I am working from a photo that shows them riding a motorbike, wearing sunglasses and helmets.  The first step was a pencil sketch that I drew in December (posted here, December 14, 2016). Then I started working on the canvas with acrylic paint, using only brown and white paint.  This week I started to add color. Yesterday I began added more flesh tones: pinks and purples, trying to apply them in layers so as not to loose the likeness.  I continued to measure, compare the painting with the photo, and to check by looking at the painting in the mirror as well as by looking at it upside-down.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: