Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Portrait of Us (Closeup of Her Sunglasses as of Feb. 25, 2017)


This is a closeup of the portrait I am working on.  I am working from a favorite photo to paint this couple on vacation in Greece, riding a motorbike, and wearing helmets and sunglasses. Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time painting the reflections in the sunglasses. Although there isn't much room in the painting to show the location (and there isn't much information in the reference photo), if you look closely at the sunglasses, you see because in them you can see the bright coast road and the seawall.  (In fact, you can even see that this photo is a selfie!)  So on the 25th, I concentrated on painting the shapes in the sunglasses, and then followed up with a dark green wash. When I was done for the day, I took a couple of closeups of the sunglasses. To be continued. . . .

No comments: